Important information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coast Imaging is committed to continuing to provide our patients with the highest quality service, in a safe environment. In order to do this we are closely monitoring and responding to the developments in Australia associated with COVID-19 and implementing stringent measures in line with those being recommended by the Australian Government and the Department of Health.
We want to reassure you that we have strict infection control and prevention protocols in place to protect patients, our staff and visitors to minimise the risk of any infection including COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19 can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health's website.
With the assistance of Sonic Healthcare, Hunter Imaging is well resourced and will remain up to date with the latest developments, ensuring we follow all Health Department guidelines and directives as they evolve.
Information last updated 18/08/2021
In light of the most recent restrictions announced by the New South Wales Goernment that affect Hunter Imaging practices located in the Hunter region:
- Our Coast Imaging practices are open and providing a safe, clean location for imaging
- Patients are still able to travel for medical appointments
- No accompanying persons are permitted to attend appointments with patients. Some exceptions to this are paediatric patients, where 1 guardian/visitor will be allowed to accompany the patient.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask when attending for their appointment.
- all patients will be required to check in using the Services NSW QR code and App.
Coast Imaging is:
- Utilising Service NSW App check in to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
- Undertaking regular cleaning of all services.
- Pre-screening all patients prior to making a booking.
- Heightening hygiene and social distancing policies.
- Ensuring staff are adering to New South Wales Government guidelines regarding wearing of masks.
- Ensuring all staff who show any signs of illness are sef-isolated.
- Taking steps to minimise the number of patients waiting in our practices.
- Monitoring a COVID-19 vaccine register for all employees, and we are tracking well above the state average in our vaccination rates.
Appointments & Screening
Patients are being screened at point of booking and on arrival at our practices.
If you are scheduled ot wanting to make an appointment at any of our practices, we require you to adhere to the following:
If you have:
- travelled overseas or interstate in the last 14 days,
- work in a Quarantine Facility or Medi-vac hotel, or close contact of someone who works in a Quarantine Facility or a Medi-Vac hotel,
- have bee identified as a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19,
- are suspected/being tested for having COVID-19 or,
- have symptoms that include fever OR an acute respiratory infection, cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath, vomiting or diarrhoea, loss of smell, please give us a call on 132 336 between the hours of 7.30am and 7pm Monday to Friday, and 8.00am – 12.30pm Saturday, and our Patient Services staff will be happy to assist by arranging your appointment outside the 14 day isolation period.
People accompanying you to your appointment
We understand that you may want to bring someone with you to your appointment, however during this time we are asking that non-essential people do not enter the practice. In circumstances where a patient requires a carer, or the patient is a child, then one other person will be able to accompany them throughout the duration of their appointment.
If unsure, please ask when making or confirming your appointment.
For more information on the current status of COVID-19 including a comprehensive list of FAQ’s, please visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx.
These are difficult times for us all. This is also however an opportunity to strengthen our community by working together. We call on all members of the community to be considerate and caring of others and to take extra hygiene and quarantine measures to keep them, their families and the community safe.
Doctors, Management and Staff of Hunter Imaging Group